Saturday, October 6, 2012

VeganMoFo #6: Pumpkin Pie Spice Snickerdoodles


Yet another cozy-up-the-home goal of mine is to keep a stash of homemade cookies and pies in the freezer so that there's always something to serve guests or take along to get-togethers. I haven't achieved this goal yet, but I still want to share the vegan baked goods love. This weekend included a trip to an orchard for apple-picking with friends, and I wanted to bring along a treat.

Using this Chai Spice Snickerdoodle recipe, I improvised (i.e. was too lazy to grind spices) and used pumpkin pie spice to give a little fall flavor to these cookies. I also used coconut oil in place of canola oil, because coconut makes nearly all baked goods taste even better.

Next time I make snickerdoodles, I want to figure out how to eliminate the inevitable baking soda-ish aftertaste that comes along with them. And I'll use far less sugar and spices to press the dough into, since I had quite a lot left over this time around.


And maybe I'll even bake a double batch and freeze half of it!

2 comments: